Welcome to Jane's Personal Page
Cancer touches everyone. According to the Canadian Cancer Society, in 2017:
- 1 in 2 Canadians will develop cancer in their lifetime
- every hour, 24 Canadians are expected to be diagnosed with cancer
- there will be 206,200 new cases in 2017
- 4 cancers combined (prostate, breast, lung, colorectal) account for 50% of all cancers diagnosed
On September 9, 2017 I will be volunteering with Team CIBC at the OneWalk to Conquer Cancer benefitting the Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. Princess Margaret helped me to fight and survive cancer so I have set a personal goal to raise $2,500 for OneWalk and I need your help to meet that goal.
As a former patient, I know how lucky we are to have one of the top 5 cancer research centres in the world right here in Ontario.
Your donation will help Princess Margaret to continue:
- treating 1,400 patients daily with 17,700 new patients a year
- treating 200 types of cancer in 400 clinics every week
- managing the largest clinical trial program in Canada (17% of patients versus 4% in the US)
- operating the largest single-site radiation medicine program in the world
- running a world class research program in: Immunotherapy, Tumour Biology and Imaging, Cancer Genomics, Epigenetics and Bioinformatics, Biodiscovery and Drug Development and Stem Cells
- developing innovations in diagnosis and treatment, such as the Guided Therapeutics Operating Room (GTx OR), the most technologically advanced research operating room in Canada
Thank you in advance for your generosity and many thanks to CIBC for their steadfast and long-term commitment to conquering all cancers in our lifetime.
Yours gratefully, a proud survivor celebrating 8 years cancer-free because of the expertise and care received at Princess Margaret.
If you think this page contains objectionable content, please inform the system administrator.
I'm back for another year!
I need to reach my
towards my goal
I received my